Keep in mind that Marketing in Spanish is not the same as Marketing to Latinos
Marketing to the entire spectrum of Latinos in the United States requires bilingual marketing efforts in multi-channel platforms. Depending on your customer profile, you may want to use a combination of English- and Spanish-language marketing, always taking into account cultural nuances and sensitivities. Latino marketing is about marketing to Latinos speaking the culture, regardless of the language of preference.
Hispanic Marketing is about marketing in Spanish
Just because Hispanic marketing is hot and/or trendy does not make it into our top list of great reasons for your business to invest time and money in marketing to Spanish-language speakers. Let us list a few we consider great reasons for marketing in Spanish:
- While the relative number of Spanish-speaking Hispanics may be decreasing due to the growth of U.S.-born Hispanics, the absolute number of Spanish-speaking Hispanics keeps growing
- Your business is located on one of the many metropolitan areas with a Spanish-speaking population of more than 20% of total population (source: Wikipedia)
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX MSA (84.3%)
- El Paso, TX MSA (72.4%)
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, FL MSA (39.8%)
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA MSA (36.7%)
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX MSA (36.2%)
- Bakersfield-Delano, CA MSA (35.9%)
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA MSA (34.2%)
- Fresno, CA MSA (32.4%)
- Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX MSA(29%)
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA MSA (25.2%)
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX MSA (22.4%)
- Las Vegas-Paradise, NV MSA (22.3%)
- Targeting Bilingual & Spanish-speaking audiences in Google AdWords and Facebook can be more cost-effective than targeting English-speaking audiences, and often result in lower CPCs and higher CTRs
- Most of your competitors are not leveraging on Spanish-language content marketing to tap into this market opportunity
Hispanic marketing planning should be followed by great execution
You have done your research, validated the concept, found a multilingual partnering agency, and now is the time to execute your digital marketing campaign and measure the ROI. However, you will have to define what success means for your Hispanic Online Initiative. Otherwise, it will be impossible to measure the ROI of any Spanish website if you do not have a measuring stick by which to gauge your success.
How to measure the ROI for Spanish-language sites
Hard metrics are necessary in order to prove the value of any given website and to choose the route you would like to use for your company in order to gain the most exposure. Measuring the performance of any business website can be a difficult task. The difficulty of this task increases greatly when businesses are employing Spanish-language sites in their U.S. marketing campaigns. ROI (Return on Investment) measurements for Spanish websites are completely different from any other website project, because there are so many variables that are not present on English language sites. Please learn “how to measure the ROI for Spanish-language sites“.
Remember it is also important to gauge not only the ROI of your website, but also to ascertain what impact your Spanish sites are having on your brand as a whole.
Get in touch with us, and then decide.
Hispanic Market Advisors helps you connect with the online Latino market and expand your reach.