Now that 2015 has started to run its course, besides sharing some company and industry news, we’d love to venture a glimpse into what this year can be in relation to Hispanic marketing, organic and paid search, web design, upcoming events, and more:
- Responsive Email Marketing—46% of email is read on a mobile device. Optimize your eBlasts and eNews for mobile. We’re letting you try this new service during the month of January 2015, we are beta testing for this year!
- Join us for Google Partners Connect—we’re hosting a livestream Google event on February 11th, and you’re invited to join us on our new location at Büro Miami.
- Meet us during #Hispz15 Celebrating Latino Innovators & Trendsetters—March 16-20, 2015
- #Google claims that “.SOY is the place for #Latinos online” – Let’s wait and see. Meanwhile, let us know your thoughts here.
- Google Algorithm Changes for 2015? Nobody knows. What we do know is that each year, Google changes its search algorithm around 500–600 times. So be on the lookout for algorithmic changes that have big impact on search.
- The dialogue about Hispanic marketing switched from “why” to “how.” Hispanic marketing is about understanding the Hispanic culture first, then talking about your product or service.
- U.S. Hispanics clearly over index in smartphone ownership and mobile video consumption vs. U.S. general population. Responsive Website Design—why you need one, especially when reaching Latinos online!
Some predictors and #RefiningROI for Hispanic marketing
Effective Hispanic advertising has long term effects on brand perceptions and attitudes. Yet only time will tell where are we headed in the months to come but keep these statements and predictors relevant and fresh in your mind:
- Better ROI strategies will allow companies to better understand how the Hispanic population can more positively impact their growth, and their bottom lines. Source: Latino Fox News
- The buying power of Latino consumers in the U.S. is forecast to reach $1.5 trillion in 2015, up from $1 trillion in 2010. Source: Nielsen report, State of the Hispanic Consumer
- Marketers have an opportunity with Upscale Hispanics spending $500BB annually. Source: Nielsen 2013
- Mobile banking services are highly valued by Hispanics. Source: Hispanic Mobile Banking Trends Study, by Zpryme and ThinkNow Research
- Smart brands are making Brazil a top 5 market to grow their business in the next decade. Keep your eye on Brazil! Source: Portada Magazine
- The Hispanic online market will be accessed through “Hispennials,” as Hispanics comprise 21 percent of the influential millennial population. Source: Latinpost
- Hispanic Millennials live in two worlds, bouncing between two cultures and two languages. Source: MediaPost
- With 26 million Hispanic daily average users, Facebook has similar reach of Univision (32.7 million) and Telemundo (27.9 million). Source: MediaPost, Engage:Hispanics
- Latino blogging, micro-blogging and social media will continue to grow in 2015 while maintaining a fun and casual environment, yet be authentic and be relevant.
Feel free to leave your comments and please share this post with your friends and colleagues. On behalf of all the Hispanic Market Advisors℠ team, we are sending you Best Wishes for 2015!