PAGES PER SESSION, TIMES SPENT ON SITE, AND BOUNCE RATE
A web visitor sticks around to see what else there is on your site? Google sees this as a positive signal and rewards you! The importance of website engagement is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseam. We could add to the plethora of articles on the topic but would be writing for days, and this is beyond the scope of our article.
Instead, we are going to give you a few tips that can help improve the time spent on the site, increase the number of pages visited per session whilst reducing bounce rate.
TIPS TO IMPROVE THE TIME SPENT ON THE SITE
- Navigation should be optimized and clear for all devices.
- The content should be scannable.
- Write content that is to the point. Do not include fluff.
- Include an internal search function.
- Make it easy to exit pop-ups.